The EPIC group at the HPI with its research cooperations with MIT, Stanford and Berkeley offers a unique possibility for graduate student level research in international teams. All our research projects are driven by real software engineering challenges that come directly from our industry partners we work with. Therefore we expect prospective PhD candidates to apply with an exceptional Master's degree in computer science (or equivalent) and also show a strong record of project and outstanding team work.
Below is a list of open positions in the Enterprise Platform and Integration Concepts (EPIC) group of Prof. Dr. Dr. hc. Hasso Plattner.
We currently have one open position in the HPI research school
. Starting immediately a scholarship will be available for one PhD student (monthly 1450 Euro). The grants are not subject to income tax.
For more information, please contact Juergen Mueller
and Jens Krueger
Right now we have open PhD positions to staff: PhD job opening in german
Furthermore we have open positions for research assistants in the field of life sciences research
. Students holding excellent degrees that are interested in conducting interdisciplinary research activities with connections to computer science, biology, medicine and adjacent fields of research are invited to send in their CV with a motivation letter to Andrea Lange
referencing Dr. Schapranow
. A full description can be found here
For further details, please feel free to contact Dr. Schapranow
In the HPI Master's program we are looking for students with both exceptional grades and experience in working on software assignments in order to drive the projects with our industry partners. Prospective students should have a strong interest in working on applied computer science problem directly with our colleagues there (such as SAP). This particular approach to project work supports students in building relationships with potential employers, for example, many of our previous project student assignments with SAP have led to (international) internships and job offers.
Projects students are likely to engaged in any of the following activities:
- HYRISE HYRISE is a hybrid row/column database engine, which analyzes the query input and reorganizes the stored data in different dimensions. In detail, HYRISE partitions the layout of the underlaying tables in a vertical and horizontal manner depending on the input to this layout management component. This project runs in cooperation with SAP and HPI. In addition, a close feedback loop is kept to the DB group at the MIT.
For more information about our ongoing projects, see overview of our projects
We are able to compensate students on an individual basis depending on experience and the particular industry project they will be working at. Please contact Jens Krueger
We are currently looking for student assistants
(HiWis) to support our activities in the following areas:
- Main-memory based applications / architectures
- SAP NetWeaver lab administration (including the RFID lab)
- Human-centred software design, User research
- General activities of the chair
- Video podcasting
If you are interested in one of these areas, please contact Jürgen Müller
What we are looking for:
- Ability to work responsibly and independently,
- Ability to grasp new technologies quickly,
- Interest in innovation.