Welcome to the website and the group "Enterprise Platform and Integration Concepts" (EPIC).
Our activities are focused on topics in the field of business applications:
- We are proud to announce our book "A Course in In-Memory Data Management" by Prof. Hasso Plattner. This book is the culmination of six years worth of in-memory research. As such, it provides the technical foundation for combined transactional and analytical workloads inside the same database as well as examples of new applications that are now possible given the availability of the new technology. The book will be available at Amazon shortly.
- This year's SAPPHIRE took place from May 14 to 16 in Orlando! Our talk "Technical Deep-Dive in a Column-Oriented In-Memory Database" was presented in Forum D on May 14 at 12.00. More information can be found here
- Introduction to Software Development on SAP HANA will start soon at open.sap.com, and you have the opportunity to take part in this massive open online course for free! To get started, we encourage you to take part in the warm-up, in which Jürgen Müller provides a short overview about In-Memory Data Management. The full course "In-Memory Data Mangement" by Prof. Hasso Plattner about will be available again in September / October 2013.
- Our paper "RTP: Robust Tenant Placement for Elastic In-Memory Database Clusters" was accepted at SIGMOD 2013.
- Our team was present at the CeBIT 2013 from March 5 to 9 in Hannover at booth A34 in hall 9. Further information can be found here.
- The paper Elastic Online Analytical Processing on RAMCloud from our group has been accepted for publication at EDBT 2013.
Our chair is cooperating with Stanford University in the joint Design Thinking Research Program
and the Global Team-based Product Innovation & Engineering
class. The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Cambridge/Boston is our partner in Supply Chain Innovation
. We also collaborate with the MIT AutoID Lab
, the MIT CSAIL DB group
and run a joint lecture with Prof. John R. Williams
We are also engaging in joint research
with the Algorithms, Machines, and People Laboratory ( AMP Lab
) at the University of California in Berkeley.